Sausage and Gravy Skillet Pizza
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:22 to 25 minutes
- 1¾ to 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope Fleischmann's® Pizza Crust Yeast
- 1½ teaspoons sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)*
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Original Sausage Crumbles
- 1 cup Francesco Rinaldi® Four Cheese Alfredo Sauce
- 4 hard cooked eggs, peeled, sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, chopped OR 2 to 3 tablespoons finely chopped jarred jalapeño peppers (optional)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead** on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes.
- Brush a 12-inch oven safe skillet or round 12-inch pizza pan (at least 2-inches deep) with oil. Pat dough evenly over bottom and up sides of pan.
- Combine sausage and Alfredo sauce; spoon over crust. Top with sliced eggs, jalapeno peppers (if desired) and cheese.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and crust is browned.
1 (12-inch) pizza