Sausage and Egg Braid
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:20 minutes
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Original Sausage Crumbles
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 5 eggs, divided
- 1 pkg. (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cook and stir sausage and bell pepper in large skillet over MEDIUM heat 4-5 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- Add 4 of the eggs to sausage mixture. Cook stirring occasionally 4-5 minutes or until no liquid egg remains.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Unroll pizza dough onto baking sheet into large rectangle (about 10x12-inches). Spoon the sausage-egg mixture down center of dough. Sprinkle with cheese and green onion.
- Use a sharp knife to make 7 diagonal cuts in exposed pastry on each side of filling, stopping ½ inch from filling. Fold strips over filling, alternating sides until filling is enclosed.
- Beat remaining egg with 2 teaspoons water. Brush dough with egg.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until braid is golden brown. Cut into 6 slices to serve.
6 servings (1 slice each)