Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:20 minutes
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Regular Roll Sausage
- 1 pkg. (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed, softened
- 5 tomatoes, cut into 4 slices each
- 1½ cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup chopped pickled jalapeño peppers
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook sausage in large skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat 8-10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Return to skillet. Stir in cream cheese.
- Place tomato slices in single layer in shallow baking pan; spread each slice with about 2 tablespoons sausage mixture.
- Top with cheddar cheese and peppers.
- Bake 10 minutes; remove from oven. Broil, 4 inches from heat, 3-5 minutes or until cheese begins to bubble and is lightly browned.
For a milder flavor, substitute canned chopped green chilies for the jalapeño peppers.)
20 servings (1 topped tomato slice each)