Thanksgiving Stuffed Bread
Prep Time:25 minutes
Cook Time:25 minutes
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small baking pumpkin or butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped into bite-sized cubes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves removed from stems, chopped
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Original Sausage Crumbles
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 containers (13.8 ounces each) refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pour olive oil into large skillet. Add squash; cook and stir over MEDIUM-HIGH heat about 5 minutes or until golden brown. Add onion and thyme to skillet; season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until onions are translucent. Remove from heat; stir in cranberries. Cool.
- Unroll pizza dough onto a lightly floured baking sheet. Roll out to into a large rectangle (about 13x10-inches). Sprinkle half the sausage down center of each dough. Top each with half of the squash mixture.
- Use a sharp knife to make 7 diagonal cuts in exposed pastry on each side of filling, stopping ½ inch from filling. Fold strips over filling, alternating sides until filling is enclosed. Repeat with remaining dough and ingredients.
- Beat egg with 2 teaspoons water. Brush dough with egg. Sprinkle with caraway seeds.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until braids are golden brown. Cut each bread into 6 slices to serve.
6 servings (1 slice each)