Sausage Taquito Dippers
Prep Time:25 minutes
Cook Time:15 minutes
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Regular Roll Sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 packet (1¼ ounces) taco seasoning mix
- ⅓ cup water
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 16 corn tortillas (6 inch)
- 1 cup salsa for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cook sausage and onion in large skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Return sausage mixture to skillet. Stir in seasoning mix and water. Reduce heat to MEDIUM-LOW; simmer 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Heat oil in small skillet or saucepan. Using tongs, dip each tortilla in oil 1-2 seconds. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Spoon about 2 Tbsp. sausage mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up tightly. Place, seam-sides down, on baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Serve with salsa and guacamole.
Make Ahead: Assemble taquitos as directed; wrap tightly. Freeze up to 1 month. Thaw in refrigerator, then bake and serve as directed.)
Variation: Prepare using 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Hot Roll Sausage.)
Extra-Spice Taquitos: Add ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper or 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper to the cooked sausage mixture with the taco seasoning mix and water; continue as directed.)
16 servings (1 taquito each)