Sausage Stuffed Jalapeños
Prep Time:60 minutes
Cook Time:10 minutes
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Regular Roll Sausage
- 1 pkg. (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 32 medium fresh jalapeño peppers
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cook sausage in large skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat 8-10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Place in medium bowl.
- Add cream cheese and cheddar cheese; mix well.
- Cut peppers lengthwise in half; discard seeds. Fill each pepper with a generous portion of sausage mixture; press lightly into peppers to secure. (Filling should mound slightly above top edges of peppers.)
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet or in broiler pan.
- Bake 10 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender and filling is lightly browned.
When handling fresh jalapeno peppers, be sure to wear disposable rubber or clear plastic gloves to prevent the oils from the peppers from irritating your skin. Never touch your eyes, nose or mouth when handling hot peppers.)
Baking the poppers on the indented top of a broiler pan will help to hold the peppers upright and prevent the filling from spilling out.)
32 servings (1 popper each)