Prep Time:25 minutes
Cook Time:10 minutes
- 2 loaves French bread (8 ounces each), each cut into 15 slices
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 pkg. (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Regular Roll Sausage, cooked, crumbled, drained
- 1½ cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- ⅔ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1½ teaspoons finely chopped rosemary (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Brush both sides of bread slices with oil; place in single layer on baking sheets. Bake 6-8 minutes or until both sides of each bread slice are lightly toasted, turning after 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cream cheese, sausage, mozzarella cheese, red pepper, onion and basil in large bowl. Stir in rosemary and cayenne pepper, if desired.
- Top bread slices with sausage mixture.
- Bake 7-10 minutes or until topping is thoroughly heated. Serve warm.
Substitute 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Original Sausage Crumbles for Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Regular Roll Sausage.)
Sausage mixture can be made ahead of time. Refrigerate up to 24 hours before using as directed. You can substitute ¼ cup melted butter instead of the oil.)
30 servings (1 crostini each)