Sausage and Thyme Mushrooms with Raisins
Prep Time:45 minutes
Cook Time:20 minutes
- 36-40 large mushrooms (about 1½ pounds), stems removed and reserved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup Jimmy Dean® Original Sausage Crumbles
- ¼ cup raisins, chopped
- ¼ cup green olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup fresh bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Finely chop enough mushroom stems to measure ½ cup; discard any remaining stems. Place mushroom cups, rounded-sides down, in lightly greased shallow baking pans.
- Combine olive oil and mushroom stems in a large skillet; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in sausage crumbles; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until sausage is hot.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Spoon into mushroom caps.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and stuffing is lightly browned.
36-40 servings (1 stuffed mushroom each)