Ricotta Sausage Triangles
Prep Time:1 hour
Cook Time:20 minutes
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Italian or Regular Roll Sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 container (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 pkg. (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- ⅓ cup (about 1½ ounces) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 jar (6-7 ounces) roasted red peppers, drained, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning Kosher salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pkg. (16 ounces) frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cook sausage and onion in large skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat 8-10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain.
- Combine ricotta cheese, spinach and grated cheese in large bowl. Add sausage mixture, red peppers, olives, egg and seasonings; mix well.
- Unroll phyllo dough; place 1 sheet on work surface with 1 short side nearest you. Spray with cooking spray; cut into 4 lengthwise strips. Cover remaining phyllo sheets with plastic wrap, then a damp towel until ready to use.
- Place 1 generous tablespoon spinach mixture near 1 corner of 1 pastry strip. Fold corner of dough over filling to form triangle. Continue folding strip like a flag to make a triangle that completely encloses filling. Place, seam-side down, on baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining phyllo sheets. Spray with cooking spray
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.
40 servings (2 triangles each)