Matthew's Skillet Sausage Pesto Pizza Dip
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 package Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Regular Roll Sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, cubed
- 1 8-ounce jar pesto sauce
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped Kalamata olives
- Fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Toasted French bread slices or crackers
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook sausage and onion in large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain.
- Stir in salt, pepper, mushrooms and bell pepper; cook and stir 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cream cheese, pesto, 2 cups mozzarella cheese and olives; cook and stir until smooth. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is lightly browned. Top with parsley and serve warm with toasted bread or crackers for dipping.
This recipe was created in partnership with Jimmy Dean brand for the Family Table program.