Margaret’s Sausage Egg Rolls
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- ½ pkg. Jimmy Dean® Regular Flavor Pork Sausage Roll (8 ounces)
- 1 bag (16 oz.) coleslaw blend
- 2 cups prepared rice sticks or noodles, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- ¼ teaspoon cornstarch
- 13 egg roll wrappers
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Suggested dipping sauces:
- Spicy mustard
- Sweet-and-sour sauce
- Soy sauce
- Cook sausage in large skillet over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Add coleslaw blend, ginger, garlic, pepper and salt; mix well. Cool slightly.
- Beat egg white and cornstarch in small bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Spoon 1/3 cup sausage mixture onto center of each egg roll wrapper; brush edges of wrapper lightly with egg wash. Fold in opposite sides of each wrapper, then roll up tightly.
- Heat 2 inches oil in large deep skillet or deep fryer on medium-high heat to 375°F.
- Add egg rolls in batches; cook 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with desired dipping sauce.
This recipe was created in partnership with Jimmy Dean brand for the Family Table program.
13 servings (1 egg roll each)