Maple Sausage Apple Cheese Balls
Prep Time:25 minutes
Cook Time:15 minutes
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Maple Roll Sausage
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup all-purpose baking mix
- ⅓ cup coarsely grated, peeled Granny Smith apple
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cook pecans in small skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat 2-3 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring constantly. Place in large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix just until blended.
- Shape into 36 (1-inch) balls; place in single layer in 2 lightly greased shallow baking pans.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until done (160°F). Serve with toothpicks.
It is easiest to mix the ingredients using your hands. Mix just until the dry ingredients are fully incorporated.)
Sausage balls can be shaped ahead of time and frozen. When ready to serve, heat oven to 375°F. Place frozen balls on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake 16-18 minutes or until done (160°F).)
Meatballs can also be cooked in a skillet. Place half the sausage balls in large skillet; cook over MEDIUM heat 15-17 minutes or until done (160°F), turning frequently. Remove from pan; cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining sausage balls.)
18 servings (2 balls each)