Maple Sausage and Cream Cheese Spirals
Prep Time:30 minutes
Cook Time:15 minutes
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Maple Roll Sausage
- 1 cup finely chopped, peeled apple
- 1 pkg. (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed, softened
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cans (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook sausage and apple in large skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Return to skillet. Add cream cheese, cinnamon and pepper; mix well.
- Unroll dough on work surface. Separate each can of dough into 4 rectangles; firmly press perforations together to seal. Spread 3 tablespoons sausage mixture onto each rectangle.
- Roll up dough rectangles, starting at 1 long side of each. Pinch edges together to seal. Use serrated knife to cut each roll into 6 spirals.
- Place, cut sides down and 1 inch apart, on baking sheets. Sprinkle with nuts, if desired; press lightly into tops of spirals.
- Bake 13-15 minutes or until tops are golden brown and bottoms are crisp.
48 servings (2 spirals each)