Jalapeno Popper Dip With Bread Ring
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:30 minutes
- 1 package Jimmy Dean Premium Pork Hot Sausage Roll
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 jalapeños, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (about 16 ounces) refrigerated jumbo biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- Kosher salt
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook sausage in large cast-iron or oven- proof skillet over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, jalapeños and garlic in a large bowl; mixing until well blended. Stir in cooked sausage; mix lightly.
- Cut each biscuit in half and roll into a ball. Place biscuits around the edge of a cast-iron or oven-proof skillet, forming a ring. Brush biscuits with beaten egg combined with water and sprinkle with salt.
- Spoon dip in the center of the bread ring in the skillet. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheddar cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and dip is hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with green onions, before serving.
about 16 servings