Chunky Fiesta Sausage Dip
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:25 minutes
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Regular Roll Sausage
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped 1-2 jalapeno peppers, seeded, chopped
- 2 pkgs. (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 large tomato, seeded, chopped
- ½ cup hot yellow banana peppers, drained, seeded, chopped
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips or crackers for serving
- Cook sausage, onion, red pepper and jalapeno peppers in large skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Drain sausage mixture; return to skillet.
- Reduce heat to MEDIUM; stir in cream cheese. Cook and stir 5-8 minutes or until cream cheese is completely melted and mixture is well blended. Stir in tomato, banana peppers and cilantro; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve with chips.
Substitute ¼ cup chopped drained jarred pickled jalapeno peppers for the fresh jalapeno peppers.)
Garnish with additional chopped tomatoes and cilantro just before serving.)
Spoon hot dip into small slow cooker or chafing dish to keep warm while serving.)
5 cups or 40 servings (2 tablespoons each))