Cheesy Sausage Spread
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:15 minutes
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Regular Roll Sausage
- ¼ cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 pkg. (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed, softened
- ½ cup (2 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup chopped roasted red peppers
- ½ cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Roasted red pepper strips for garnish (optional)
- 1 pkg. (16 ounces) cocktail rye bread for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cook sausage, shallots and garlic in large saucepan over MEDIUM-HIGH heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Return sausage mixture to pan.
- Add cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and chopped peppers; mix well. Spoon into 9-inch pie plate or shallow ovenproof dish; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes or until spread is thoroughly heated and mozzarella is melted and lightly browned. Garnish with pepper strips, if desired.
- Serve with bread.
Substitute green onions for the shallots.)
24 servings (about 2 tablespoons each)